05/01/2020 by californiacaregivers
President Donald J. Trump Remains Committed to Caring for Our Nation’s Seniors During the Coronavirus Pandemic and Beyond
"PROTECTING OUR OLDER PEOPLE: President Donald J. Trump is ensuring the safety and well-being of America’s seniors during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak.
- President Trump is making sure our senior citizens remain safe and have access to the healthcare resources they need during the coronavirus pandemic.
- In addition to the supplies we have already distributed, FEMA will send supplemental shipments of personal protective equipment to all 15,400 Medicaid and Medicare-certified nursing homes in America.
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is providing States with $81 million from the CARES Act to increase their inspections of nursing homes at this crucial time.
- This week, we will be finalizing a new rule requiring information about COVID-19 cases in nursing homes to be reported directly to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and testing data to be posted online.
- The rule requires nursing homes report cases to residents and their family members.
- The Administration is also establishing the Coronavirus Commission for Safety and Quality in Nursing Homes.
- The commission will be composed of leading industry experts, doctors and scientists, resident and patient advocates, family members, infection and prevention control specialists, and State and local authorities. "